Road Paving/Road Work
- Massey Road – in design phase, projected to begin in 2018
- Cahaba River Road – multi-jurisdictional agreement approval pending (Jefferson County project lead)
- Spire natural gas pipeline improvements – Spire project information and project map
- Drainage pipe replacement project – project information; project map; and detour map
- Sanitary sewer main replacement project for Jefferson County Environmental Services – at the intersection of Tyler Road and Twin Branch Drive starting Monday, July 16; Project is estimated to take 1 week to complete and will require a single lane closure on Tyler Road. Flagmen and police officers will be assisting with traffic control on Tyler Road. Additionally, Twin Branch Drive will be closed to through traffic between Tyler Road and Tannin Drive. Local access in that section will be maintained throughout construction but please allow for extra time and exercise caution when traveling in this area.
Residential Paving Program
- 2016 Three Year Residential Paving Program Map
- 2016 Three Year Residential Paving Program List
- 2016 Residential Paving Program I-A – paving work anticipated to begin late Fall
City Sidewalk Pilot Project
- Green Valley Road – projected to begin 2018
- US 31 Pedestrian Bridge – ALDOT approval anticipated 2019 Conceptual design Location map
- Liberty Park Pedestrian Tunnel – projected bid 2018
- Altadena Valley Western Entrance – design complete, awaiting decision of Council
- Various public storm water management projects – projected to begin 2018
- Acton Road APPLE Grant (Feasibility Study) – in design phase
- Wald Park Master Plan – awaiting Community Spaces Plan approval by Council
- Crosshaven APPLE grant – for more information, visit www.bit.ly/Crosshaven.
- East Street Analysis and Planning – for more information, visit www.bit.ly/EastStreetStudy.