Ordinance Number 2418 – An Ordinance Regulating Soliciting, Peddling and Panhandling
The City Council of the City of Vestavia Hills, Alabama, at its regular meeting of October 22, 2012, adopted and approved Ordinance Number 2418 – An Ordinance Regulating Soliciting, Peddling and Panhandling. This page will assist in providing information to potential door-to-door solicitors operating within the city limits as well as residents.
For information of the provisions within the Ordinance and for quick facts and requirements set for in the Ordinance, please click the link below:
PLEASE NOTE: On October 28, 2013, the City Council adopted and approved Ordinance Number 2474 to amend Ordinance Number 2418 with regard to the size and placement of “neighborhood” solicitation signs. Effective November 3, 2013, please refer to this ordinance if information needed for the size/placement of a community sign. For a copy of the ordinance, please click here.
Solicitors: Please click the link below in order to obtain a packet of information, including an application. This packet must be completed and a license as well as a registration should be in hand BEFORE attempting to solicit within the City.
For a listing of current registered solicitors in the City, click here.
Below are Subdivisions located within the City that have posted “no soliciting” signage at their entrances and solicitors shall avoid these subdivisions altogether:
- Liberty Park PUD – All Subdivisions located within Liberty Park
- River Grand Subdivision (located off of Cahaba River Road)
- River Terrace Subdivision (located off of Old Overton Road)
- Tanglecreek Subdivision (located off of Rocky Ridge Road)
- Hickory Ridge (Hickory Ridge Circle)
- Countrywood (located off of Rocky Ridge Road)
- Countrywood Highlands (located off of Dolly Ridge Road)
All solicitors are required to wear placards which are visible at all times while soliciting within the City. The placards are color coded by month as follows:
- January – orange July – orange
- February – green August – green
- March – yellow September – yellow
- April – purple October – purple
- May – pink November – pink
- June – blue December – blue
Note: depending on the day of issuance, colors might overlap into adjacent months; be sure to check the expiration date on the placard.