Liberty Park Sports Complex
4700 Sicard Hollow Rd – If taking I-459 N, take exit 23, turn right at exit ramp and an immediate right at the traffic light onto Liberty Parkway. Travel 3 miles and turn right at 4-way stop in front of the middle school.
If taking I-459 S, take exit 23, turn left at exit ramp and right at traffic light onto Liberty Parkway. Travel 3 miles and turn right at 4-way stop in front of the middle school.
Liberty Park Sports Complex features 4 youth softball fields, 5 adult softball fields, 4 soccer fields, and 1 football field.
- 1. Liberty Park Sports Complex shall open at daybreak and close at 9:30 p.m. except for events scheduled through the office of parks and recreation. Unauthorized individuals in the park after closing can be subject to penalties. See Park Rules.
- 2. Maintenance crews have first priority on any space within the park.
- 3. Access to some areas of the park may be limited due to scheduled events; therefore if any field has been prepared for a scheduled event it shall be off limits to public access.
- 4. There may be times when fields are closed for maintenance.
- 5. No bicycles, go-carts, scooters, motorcycles, four-wheelers, three-wheelers, skateboards, or any other type of vehicle is allowed off of the designated parking area at anytime except for service vehicles.
- 6. Golf, archery, alcoholic beverages, glass containers, camping, open fires, dumping, fireworks and noisemakers are prohibited.
- 7. Absolutely no weapons of any kind are allowed. This includes, but is not limited to, firearms, paintball guns, BB guns, air guns, spring guns, slingshots, bows, or any weapon in which the propelling force is gunpowder, a spring, or air; fireworks; or explosives; except that law enforcement officers may possess their weapons when on duty and official starters at authorized track and field events, may use starter guns with blanks.
- 8. Smoking is restricted per city ordinances.
- 9. Use, solicitation, possession, or distribution of any controlled substance is strictly prohibited.
- 10. Pets should be kept on a leash and under control at all times. Any solid excretion matter from said pet must be picked up from any surface area.
- 11. Parking is restricted to designated areas.
- 12. Violators will be asked to leave the premises, and are subject to further action penalties as described in subsection (b).
(b) Fines and punishment. It shall be unlawful to violate any of the terms and provisions of this section. Any person, firm or corporation violating any of the said terms and provisions of this section shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and upon conviction shall be punished by a fine not less than twenty-five dollars ($25.00) nor more than the maximum penalty allowed by the state for a misdemeanor violation for each such “offense”. Each day any violation of this section shall continue shall constitute a separate offense.
(Ord. No. 1907, 2-19-02; Ord. No. 2177, §§ 2, 3, 2-5-07)
Cahaba Heights Athletic Fields
4401 Dolly Ridge Rd – If taking US 280 W, pass The Summit Shopping Center on right, turn right at the next traffic light onto Dolly Ridge Rd. Go through one traffic light and turn right into elementary school entrance. Fields are behind the school.
If taking US 280 E, pass Whole Foods on left, turn left at next traffic light onto Dolly Ridge Rd. Go through one traffic light and turn right into elementary school entrance. Fields are behind the school
This facility has 3 youth baseball fields, and one multipurpose field that can be used for baseball, soccer, flag football, or lacrosse. The complex is located directly behind Vestavia Hills Elementary, Cahaba Heights on Dolly Ridge Road.
Sicard Hollow Athletic Complex
4851 Sicard Hollow Road (across the street from Liberty Park Sports Complex)
This former coal-mining site is now more than 11 acres of lighted synthetic turf playing surface, divided into two areas in a configuration that allows more flexibility for the layout of different sizes and numbers of fields. The fields are enclosed with an 8-foot, coated chain linkfence with netting above (netting also extends through the center between the fields). The project included constructing a concessions/restroom building, four scoring towers, ADA accessible routes to all fields, a playground, and parking for 300 cars.
1973 Merryvale Road – I-65 exit 252, located two miles on left along HWY 31 North
Wald Park features 5 baseball fields, the Civic Center, playgrounds, tennis courts, the pool, walking track, press boxes, storage rooms, concession stands, batting cages, and a maintenance building.