The City Council of the City of Vestavia Hills is accepting applications for an upcoming vacancy on the Vestavia Hills Board of Education. Deadline for application will be Monday, April 8, 2019, at 5:00 PM. The City Council will conduct individual applicant interviews on April 10, 2019, beginning at 8 AM. An alternate interview date has also been set for those individuals who cannot interview on April 10. The alternate date is April 16, 2019, at times to be determined. These interviews are open to the public, however, no public input will be taken except at the call of the Mayor. Interviews will be scheduled on a first come, first served basis.
- When an applicant turns in his or her application, the City Clerk will offer the next available time slot on the applicant’s preferred date.
- Once an interview date is full, the Clerk will not assign any more interviews on that particular date without prior approval from the Council. If the times are extended, the Clerk will give public notice of the change.
- If all available interview slots become filled, the City Clerk will contact the Council to find if additional slots can be opened and will give public notice of any changes.
- Interview times will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Applicants have the option of asking for consideration without an interview. Applicants should request this at the time they submit their application to prevent gaps in the interview schedule.
The City Council will make their selection at the regular City Council meeting on April 22, 2019, beginning at 6 PM.
A copy of the application and information may be obtained by clicking the following link: click here
If you have any questions, please contact the City Clerk (205.978.0184 or firstname.lastname@example.org).