Frequently Asked Questions

Click to access a specific topic: > Business, Taxes & Tags > Employment > Engineering > Government > Library in the Forest > Permits & Licenses > Public Safety > Sanitation > Zoning > Miscellaneous Business, Taxes & Tags How do I file sales and use taxes? Sales and use taxes are collected through Avenu Insights.

Public Record Request

Pursuant to §36-12-40, Code of Alabama, 1975 (Alabama Act No. 2024-278), “Every resident has a right to inspect and take a copy of any public writing of this state, except as otherwise expressly provided by statute.” This makes public records available to Alabama residents, subject to exceptions specified by law. These exceptions generally prevent the

Policies and Orders

Following are links to Municipal Court policies and/or standing orders: Recording of Court Proceedings


If you are the victim of a crime, you may obtain a copy of your report from our Records Office. A subpoena is required to obtain a copy of an Incident Report in which you are not listed as a victim. Traffic Crash Reports are public record and are available for $15 each from the