In Vestavia Hills, we offer a wide range of athletic programs. Each league currently handles its own registration and operations, so those interested in participating in a sport should contact the league directly. The City is happy to help if you experience any difficulties accessing the information or contacting the leagues. For assistance, call 205.978.0166 or email Parks & Recreation Superintendent Jason Burnett. For field conditions, call 205.978.0220. Also you may register at www.statusme.com for instant alerts of our field conditions.
Basketball, Boys: http://www.vhybasketball.org
Basketball, Girls: http://vesthgb.website.sportssignup.com
Flag Football: http://vhff.net
Pickleball combines the elements of tennis, badminton and table tennis. It was created for all ages and skill levels, and is played using paddles to volley a plastic ball with holes (similar to a wiffleball), on a badminton size court with a modified tennis net.
– All levels and ages of players are welcome.
– No experience necessary; clinicians/instructors will be on-site to teach you the game.
– Players will be matched based on skill level.
– Equipment is available for check out at the Rec Center.
When and where?
– Vestavia Hills Elementary-Central Gym, 1289 Montgomery Highway, 35216
Park in front of the school and enter through the middle set of doors, next to the ramp.
– Tuesdays & Thursdays, 6:30-9pm; Wednesdays & Fridays, 10am-12:30pm; and Saturdays, 9am-noon
– Vestavia Hills residents: FREE!
– Non-residents: $10
Need More Information? Call 205.978.0166 or email Jeff Corley at firstname.lastname@example.org.