By Phone or Internet
Payments maybe made online at vhcourt.com or by calling 205.318.2556. Both options will accept MasterCard, Visa, American Express or Discover. (A 4% processing fee is charged for any credit card payment.) Your complete ticket number is required to make a payment online or by phone. Once the transaction is successfully completed, you will receive a verification number. Please make note of this verification number. To prevent duplicate charges, do NOT hit the back button while your transaction is processing.
Allow three (3) business days for your payment to be processed. If you have made a payment, but the ticket appears unpaid after three business days, contact a Magistrate at 205.978.0121 to avoid making a duplicate payment. Payment in full must be received prior to your Court date or your driver’s license could be suspended and a warrant may be issued for your arrest.
Alabama law requires that any defendant pleading guilty before a magistrate must submit an executed Guilty Waiver when presenting payment. This includes payments made in person by the defendant or by another individual on behalf of the defendant. This waiver is available on the back of the defendant’s copy of the citation or by clicking here to download. Be sure to print this waiver prior to arriving at the Municipal Court, located at Vestavia Hills City Hall, 1032 Montgomery Highway, Vestavia Hills, AL 35216
Enter through the double doors of the Police Department building (behind Red Lobster). We accept: cash, cashier’s checks, money orders, MasterCard, Visa, American Express and Discover. (A 4% processing fee is charged for any credit card payment.) Personal checks and company checks are NOT accepted.
Payments may be made by mail using a money order or a cashier’s check made payable to the City of Vestavia Hills. Do not mail personal checks or cash. Be sure to include your full name, ticket number and address on your payment and mail to: Vestavia Hills City Hall, Attn: Municipal Court, 1032 Montgomery Highway, Vestavia Hills, AL 35216.
To pay after hours, place your payment in a sealed envelope with your full name and ticket number or case number written on the outside of the envelope. Deposit the sealed envelope in the drop box in the lobby of the Police Department.
Traffic Offenses & Fines
Traffic Offenses Requiring Mandatory Court Appearance
You must appear in court after the following citations are issued:
– Driving while your drivers license is suspended, revoked or cancelled
– Possession of drugs and or drug paraphernalia
– Driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs
– Failure to yield/move over for stationary emergency vehicle
– Open container
– Reckless driving
Expired Tag (effective February 1, 2022)
– If defendant renews tag within thirty (30) days of citation: $165 (court costs) & ticket is dismissed
– If defendant renews tag after thirty (30) days: $190 ($25 fine + $165 court costs)
– If defendant never renews tag: $265 ($100 fine + $165 court costs)
Insurance Citations (effective February 1, 2022) – A copy of your insurance can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
– If defendant provides valid insurance showing coverage the day of the ticket: ticket is dismissed; no charge
– If defendant provides proof of insurance purchased prior to court date: $190 ($25 fine + $165 court costs)
– If defendant is unable to provide proof of valid insurance: $265 ($100 fine + $165 court costs)