At the discretion of the court, recipients of a traffic citation may participate in one of the following traffic school opportunities:
Level I (4-hr defensive driving class): Cost: $150
- Any defendant that has not had a moving violation in the past three (3) years.
Level II (8-hr defensive driving class): Cost: $300
- Any defendant that has had one moving violation, including the current citation, in the past three (3) years
- Speeding 25+ over the speed limit
- Move Over Violation, if there are no other traffic tickets within the past three (3) years
- Anyone with a CDL, will NOT be allowed to go through DDS
- Anyone with a DUI conviction within the past five (5) years, will NOT be allowed to go through DDS
- Anyone speeding 100+ over the speed limit, will NOT be allowed to go through DDS
- Any defendant may go through driving school if approved by the Judge or Prosecutor
To be considered for traffic school, defendant must appear IN PERSON at the Magistrate’s office prior to court date to pay for and schedule a class. Class costs are non-refundable and will not be rescheduled. Do NOT pay your ticket if you wish to attend traffic school. Opting to plead guilty and pay the fine results in being ineligible to attend traffic school – the case is instead adjudicated and closed.