Request Building Occupancy
Additional Resources for Business Owners & Employers
- Vestavia Hills Chamber of Commerce: The Vestavia Hills Chamber of Commerce has compiled Restaurant, Retail and Service Guides to assist residents in supporting locally owned and/or operated businesses. Vestavia Hills businesses and/or Chamber members can be added to these guides list by entering their info at https://bit.ly/3b7SMDe.
- Alabama Department of Revenue: Effective March 18, 2020, the Alabama Department of Revenue has ordered that late payment penalties assessed by the State of Alabama shall be waived for small retail businesses whose monthly retail sales during the previous calendar year averaged $62,500 or less who are unable to timely pay their February, March and April 2020 state sales tax liabilities. Late payment penalties will be waived for these taxpayers through June 1, 2020. The City of Vestavia Hills will adhere to this order as issued on behalf of the state and will waive late payment penalties for small retail businesses that meet this criteria.
- Alabama Department of Insurance: The Alabama Department of Insurance has generated a this page as guidance to health insurance carriers responding to the COVID-19 virus.
- Alabama Department of Labor: The Department announced that Alabama workers not able to work due to COVID-19 will be eligible to file unemployment benefits.
- Centers for Disease Control: This page is dedicated to assisting businesses and employers in planning, preparing and responding to the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Internal Revenue Service: The IRS has established this special section focused on steps to help taxpayers, businesses and others affected by the coronavirus.
- The United Way of Central Alabama: This United Way of Central Alabama page provides details on available resources for those impacted by the Coronavirus.