Sibyl Temple is one of Vestavia Hills’ top tourist attractions, and it is a sought-after location for weddings, photography, small gatherings and picnics, and is open to the public from 7 a.m. to sunset, except when reserved. Sibyl Temple has on-site parking, restrooms and picnic tables. (Due to the risk of frozen pipes, restrooms at Sibyl Temple are closed through the winter months, except during events.)
1-25 attendees: $200
If alcohol is served, there must be a police officer present. Event security officer is an additional $149 for 3 hours; each additional hour is $49 per hour.
26-74 attendees: $549
Fee includes 3 hours of police security (1 officer) at $149; each additional hour is $40 per hour.
75+ attendees: $649
Fee includes 3 hours of police security (2 officers) at $249; each additional hour is $40 per hour, per officer.
*City of Vestavia municipal employees are eligible for a $100 discount on Sibyl Temple rental fees.
Security Deposit: $150
A security deposit is required for all events held at the temple. Deposit check is held and will be returned following your event unless damages are incurred.
Table Rental: $10 per table
Total of 6 – 60” round tables and/or 1 – 6’ rectangular table available to rent.
White Wooden Chairs: $2 each
Total of 64 chairs available to rent.
- Payment in-full is due a minimum of one month prior to scheduled event.
- Sibyl Temple is open for events from 10am to 10pm. Due to limited space, a maximum number of 75 event guests is suggested.
- Prior to your event, a Sibyl Temple Foundation volunteer will meet with you to address any questions or concerns, check the restroom facilities and install signs at the park entrance stating “Sibyl Temple Closed for Private Event.”
- It is the responsibility of the renter to transport and set-up rented tables and/or chairs. The Sibyl Temple Foundation volunteer will direct you to the storage location prior to your event. Tables and chairs must be transported to and from the on-site storage facility with chairs neatly returned to their protective wraps after your event.
- Decorations (tape, nails, etc.) are NOT ALLOWED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES anywhere on the temple, including temple columns.
- The picnic area (with five picnic tables), lower gardens, patio area and restrooms are wheelchair accessible; however, the temple level can only be reached by stairs.
- In the event of inclement weather your rental fee is refundable with 48-hour notice of cancellation, after which a $100 cancellation fee may apply.
- Sibyl Temple is not closed to the public unless it has been rented for an event. Therefore, it is not recommended to host an event without renting the facility.
- Any event serving alcohol must arrange for police security by contacting the Sibyl Temple Foundation.
- For more information, contact Anne Moulton at firstname.lastname@example.org or 205.960.6062. You may also contact Sibyl Temple Foundation, 154 Montgomery Highway or P.O. Box 660645, Vestavia Hills, AL 35216.