A charrette is a collaborative and creative brainstorming event to bring community members and stakeholders together with a team of designers, planners, facilitators and illustrators to explore a shared vision for the future of Vestavia Hills. We appreciate the input of our community members, elected officials, development professionals and all stakeholders. The Highway 31 South Charrette was held March 14-16, 2023 at Vestavia Hills Civic Center and was comprised of the following:
- Charrette Kick-off Meeting: March 14, 2023
All were invited to attend this meeting which was designed to allow public comment on the project area. Click to view the Kick-off presentation.
- Stakeholder Meetings: March 15, 2023
Meetings were by invitation only and designed to receive focus on the information provided during the Charrette Kick-off Meeting.
- Closing Session: Work-in-Progress: March 16, 2023 ~ 4-5pm
All were invited to review the plan components. Click to view the Work-in-Progress presentation.
Request for Qualifications
At the conclusion of the March 14-16, 2023 charrette, the City of Vestavia Hills conducted post-charrette community feedback exercises and is presenting the plan documents for acceptance by its Planning and Zoning Commission to utilize as guidance in ongoing and future redevelopment opportunities. The collective public feedback has been positive to this point. To move these concepts forward, the City is seeking the services of a qualified master development company to enter into a “Master Development Agreement” (MDA) with the City that will accomplish the following goals:
- Provide a viable redevelopment plan that accomplishes the vision established as a result of the March 2023 charrette.
- Provide an option to purchase, on negotiated terms, for the acquisition and development of the City’s property at 1485 Montgomery Highway that will accompany potential assemblage of the four contiguous properties referenced in the RFQ exhibits. The proposing development company shall provide proposed terms for said conditional purchase agreement as a part of its submission.
- Execute the items included and proposed as Master Development Services in the Request for Qualifications.
The Request for Qualifications has been published and submissions will be accepted until Monday, July 10, 2023 at 3pm CST.